Sunday, August 20, 2006

What Jane is doing...

Well, I figure that as Cam is going to write soon and tell you all about his work, so I thought it would be a good time to update on my stuff (that and Cam has taken his computer and the camera away with him, so I don't have any good pictures to upload at the moment).

So. The book drive has almost taken over my life. Just a small side project - yeah right. People have been quite supportive and generous, but getting anything to happen is slow progress. It must be the PNG field of 'things happen when they happen' extending to Australia as well. I'm still trying to figure out storage and transport for all the books that are being donated. Maxine and I are also wanting to run some fundraisers (both in PNG, and in Australia) to raise money for the shipping and customs etc. Hmm, due to my lack of ability in being two places at once, I might have to convince someone else to run the fundraiser...anyone?

Drama wise things are slow going as well. I think people are enthusiastic, but it is hard to get them to commit. Also I have to remember that this drama caper is very foreign to many of them. But I'm hoping to run teacher workshops soon, as well as going to some schools to run classes. I think we will hold auditions soon for a core group of people to do radio dramas in the next 6 months. So we'll be researching, writing, recording and hopefully doing some on-stage stuff all before my year is up! Whew - sounds busy.

Other things in the cooking pot include: writing childrens books, knitting bags, fundraisers, making t-shirts, baking, gardening...whatever and whenever the inspiration arises!

Hope all is well with everyone back home! Please don't forget to write e-mails occasionally - we miss them. And I promise that I'll take the time to write personalised e-mails back!

3 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa and Adam said...

Hi Jane,

It sounds like you're one spinach short of being a true 'homemaker'...where are the kids? :-)
I must admit your vegies look really yum and I'm very jealous that you have successfully grown something while I'm still trying to remember to water 1 plant occasionally!
You'll have to send me a children's story to teach to my Vietnamese kiddies. They love reading anything in English!
Anyway - thanks for the update.

Love Vanessa

4:17 pm  
Blogger Alix said...

So tell me more about the fundraising... You know I love to organise things. And helping out such a worthwhile cause would be great!

6:46 pm  
Anonymous Elena C said...

Loveely post

11:21 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home